pL LEHMANN has now applied its precision technology expertise to the new multi-clamping technology swissClamp. swissClamp continues what clamping mandrels, precision vices, toolmakers’ knife-edge squares, and workpiece clamping devices began many years ago.
Our benefits, your advantages.
Modular and Simple
- The basic module is suitable for both GRIP and FINISH clamping principles. The difference between the two principles is the chuck.
- GRIP clamping for first machining– The GRIP chuck is designed for pull down clamping (clamping stroke of approx. 1 mm, tilting movement of approx. 2.5° during clamping) as the stamping jaws grip. GRIP clamping permits two clamping depths of 3 mm und 6 mm via a mechanical grid.
- FINISH clamping for series machining– FINISH jaws achieve parallel clamping (clamping stroke of approx. 1 mm). The solution is a non-rotating, precise parallel clamping that prevents indentations. FINISH clamping has a defined clamping depth of 6 mm.
- As always the pL LEHMANN swissClamp design is simple, robust and easy to clean with good chip and coolant flow.
Extended Clamping Range
swissClamp is suitable for both MONO clamping, where only one basic body is required, and DUO clamping, in which case two MONO clamps are mounted opposite one another. This extends the clamping range from 90 mm to 200 mm.
- Create a clamping tower– The clamping tower sits on a fourth axis, or a horizontal clamping cone – overhung or with counter bearing.
- Create a clamping bridge– both sides of which are designed differently with MONO and DUO systems .
- Create clamping module on the 4th/5th axis.
Independent of a pL LEHMANN CNC rotary table
- Mount directly on the machine table itself.
- Best suited for direct workpiece clamping on the machine table, especially for clamping towers on horizontal machining centers.
Time and Cost Savings
For the same clamping length:
- The procurement costs are approximately 50 percent less than with renowned multi-clamping systems with rail principle.
- 50 percent more workpieces can be clamped, significantly increasing the machine runtime in unmanned automatic mode.
Intelligent workpiece clamping. A wide range of products are available with more than 240 possible configurations from only four basic models. Download our brochure for more information.